Wednesday 8 December 2010

154

Not a good time for the young pigs
The coow gets some hay from The Crofter.
Last days
I really quite hate this time of year down at the Croft as it seems that creatures great and small are reaching their live-by date. First it was the sheeps, then CJ the bull and now the Turks and pigs are enjoying their last few days - at least I hope they are enjoying them. I know, I know, if it wasn't for the eating of them they wouldn't be there! In all honesty I think I'd prefer the animals not to be there rather than cutting their little lives so short so the meat is tender - or whatever it is supposed to be.

At least the coows [the ones that are left] have a nice byre to sleep in on new hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are always welcome to leave a message as we are really pleased to hear from you!